X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
Tidal is a team at X working on a moonshot to protect the ocean and preserve its ability to support life and help feed humanity, sustainably. Our initial area of focus is on developing hardware and software technologies that bring greater visibility and understanding of what’s happening under the water. Learn more about Project Tidal.
About the role:
Project Tidal is looking for a computer vision engineer to help us design, test, build and refine deep learning computer vision and algorithmic approaches. This is an opportunity to work end to end with revolutionary hardware, real world customer applications, and cutting edge algorithms. If you love getting tech to work on challenging, real world problems, please apply!
How you will make 10X Impact
- Work hand in hand with our customers to understand the problem space, run experiments, collect data, and design novel and breakthrough ML solutions
- Refine cutting edge computer vision architectures to suit our use cases
- Build robust data and computer vision pipelines to help our systems scale
- Work alongside our hardware team to develop algorithms that leverage our unique hardware capabilities
What you should have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in Deep Learning and Computer Vision
- Thorough understanding of the full ML pipeline, starting from data collection to model building to experimental framework to data analytics.
- Experience with ML platforms, solutions and infrastructure, deployed on real world problems
- Stellar communication skills, with a desire to work closely with customers
- Strong programming skills in Python, C++, Java or other
- Ability to travel (~1 week a quarter)
- Software development experience in C++ and/or Java
- Strong statistics and uncertainty quantification understanding
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.