X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We believe there are many problems in the world in which robotics could play a significant role in making it easier, faster and safer for people to get things done. We’re looking for Roboticists, Designers, Hardware and Software Engineers to help us explore these possibilities, develop breakthrough technologies, and build new products that could help millions of people.
As a Software Technical Program Manager (TPM) on our robotics team, you will have the opportunity to work with some amazing and talented people, who also happen to be working on highly creative and ambitious efforts. You’ll keep this innovative team firing on all cylinders and pointed in the right direction. You will work closely with Software Engineers, Roboticists, Machine-Learning experts, Product Managers, TPMs, and leadership. You will coordinate lots of fast-evolving, moving parts and help integrate them back into the overall vision.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Drive operational excellence through organization of development iterations and tracking of progress towards releases, deliveries and milestones.
- Support product teams with managing active work items and backlogs, deconflicting necessary work, and resource tracking.
- Continuously improve engineering practices by defining and tracking key metrics and rolling out best practices across teams.
- Work with leaders, teammates, and product managers to create, implement, and/or drive processes that improve execution and communication.
- Support business development and product managers with scoping technical work, roadmaps, and timelines for external partners.
- Work with software and product teams to plan and implement tech roadmaps and goals.
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong track-record of effective technical project management skills: software stack and/or HW/SW systems engineering, project planning, status reporting, timeline estimation, issue tracking, meeting facilitation, process documentation, priority alignment, and well-developed communication skills.
It'd be great if you also had:
- Experience developing and commercializing complex robotic applications, with a focus on software.
- Experience with industrial automation or manufacturing.
- Experience scoping and tracking complex work plans for fast-evolving partnership engagements spanning several development teams.
- Comfortable working on early-stage projects in an environment with ambiguity and change.
- Team player and creative thinker.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.