X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the team:
Tidal is a team at X working on a moonshot to protect the ocean and preserve its ability to support life and help feed humanity, sustainably. Our initial area of focus is on developing hardware and software technologies that bring greater visibility and understanding of what’s happening under the water. Learn more about Project Tidal.
This is an opportunity to be a foundational member of the product team for an early stage product innovating quickly at the intersection of science and engineering. We are working to push the boundaries of what is possible in a rapidly evolving field. There is no roadmap here. You’ll need to identify the opportunities and help create the products that transform this space.
In this role, you will:
- Drive product outcomes with creativity, resourcefulness and experimentation to solve complex, ambiguous, and novel problems.
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary science and engineering team, and driving XFN initiatives across software & hardware engineering, operations, and GTM functions.
- Develop a highly ambitious yet practical strategy for pushing the boundaries of what's possible today while foreseeing future needs and opportunities, and building an iterative approach.
- “Roll up your sleeves” and get stuff done as an independent self driven product manager with stage appropriate product management rigor and hygiene.
- Employ data driven approaches where possible for driving clarity on prioritization, scoping and measuring impact of product capabilities and roadmap.
- Drive initiatives from time to time with academia, external research organizations and NGOs.
What you should have:
We’re looking for a strong product manager with a solid track record of successful early stage products, experiments and failures. Experience bridging software engineering with hardware, sciences, robotics, or other domains is a plus.
- Startup experience, or equivalent experience on early stage teams
- 8+ years of product management experience in a software or hardware environment.
- Strong understanding of the enterprise customer segment along with experience of dealing with ambiguous and evolving requirements.
- Strong technical knowledge and foundation in AI/ML and SaaS capabilities and prior experience in productizing research outcomes.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Any experience in ag or ocean tech would be beneficial, but not mandatory
- Any prior product knowledge or experience with IoT will be advantageous
- Masters/PhD in science or engineering a plus.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.