X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are a team working to move our electric grid out of the industrial age and into the age of intelligence. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone who is involved in building, managing and using it.
X seeks a Product Manager who will join the senior leadership team and accelerate our product design delivery and earliest go-to-market successes. Your technical expertise will facilitate your ability to define, prioritize, ship, and communicate industry-changing energy products. You will join a small, fast-paced team solving challenging problems and may travel domestically and internationally up to 20% to participate in development, deployment and various discovery activities.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Manage product direction and feature roadmap; deeply understand value to customers and ideal position in market. Ownership of PRD.
- Generate ideas and solve problems creatively.
- Collaborate across Design and UI/UX, Partnership, and Engineering teams
- Delight our customers, demonstrate our product value, and use team resources judiciously.
- Lead product launches
What you should have:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering or a related technical field
- Significant experience working with energy power systems as either a user or designer
- Executive leadership skills and ability to jump into a highly ambiguous area and define a product strategy along with clearly articulating product requirements
- Outstanding communication skills, both at the executive-level and with peers
- 15 years of experience as a product manager building a platform, with a demonstrated track record working cross-functionally -- including closely with engineering teams -- to drive startup enterprise product adoption, growth, and scale.
It'd be great if you also had these:
- Experience developing and delivering software solutions with particular experience in power system simulation, modeling and decision tools
- Experience on platform economics and energy market design
- Excellent communication: verbal and written, decks, sheets, and charts.
- Exceptional organization and detail oriented - equally comfortable conducting and composing.
- Thrive in unstructured work environments with rapidly changing requirements
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.