X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are a team of roboticists, researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs who are passionate about changing the world for the better through the use of robotic solutions. We believe that improving the access and usability of robots can help people and businesses grow in previously unattainable ways. We’re aiming to redefine what robotics can and should be able to do for people, whether it’s at work, at home or in their communities.
We are looking for talented engineers who thrive in a fast-paced, energetic startup team working on challenging and impactful projects. As a 3D graphics and HRI (human-robot interaction) engineer, you are excited about building intuitive and powerful user-facing tools for simplifying the use of robots in real environments. You possess strong full-stack development skills and are expected to design and develop web-based experiences for greatly simplifying critical aspects of industrial robotics. You are excited by the user-facing aspect of your work and the need to deliver a polished, production-ready frontend to a wide variety of users.
How you will make 10x impact:
Work closely across the design, engineering, and product teams to understand UX requirements
Build intuitive yet cutting-edge products for visualizing and authoring robot data such as 3D scenes, sensor data, and motion plans.
Advance the frontier of HRI by integrating emerging technologies such as VR, AR, 6DoF (e.g. game)- controllers, haptics-feedback devices etc. to improve usability of robot teleoperation and imitation learning.
An ideal candidate will have expertise in computer graphics and/or HRI and a strong interest in applying those skills beyond just generating pixels (our graphical interfaces help robots move real-world objects).
What you should have:
- Strong software design and coding skills in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience with programming graphics, applications, or games.
- Comfortable with vector/matrix math, linear algebra, 3D transforms.
- Passionate about robots and their potential for manufacturing.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Experience with Three.js, or similar modern 3D graphics libraries.
- Experience of R&D with one or more of the following: 3D CAD tools, Game Engine, Physics or Robotics simulation, VR or AR systems, Human-Machine/Robot-Interface.
- Sensitive to performance profiling/optimization to reduce latency in real time systems.
- Sensitive to user experience, such as how things look and feel when users interact with them.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.