X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are a team of scientists and engineers dedicated to creating transformative computational tools for biology. Our moonshot is to accelerate discovery and innovation in human health and other life science applications.
Biology background preferred but not required — the only thing needed is the curiosity and passion to learn. If you are excited to make a difference in this space, we’d love to talk with you.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level and lead product for an early stage team innovating quickly at the intersection of biology and engineering. We are working to push the boundaries of what is possible in a rapidly evolving field. There is no roadmap here. You’ll need to identify the opportunities and help create the products that transform this space.
In this role, you will:
- Apply product management best practices to creatively solve complex, ambiguous, and novel problems.
- Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary science and engineering team, operating as a connecting point between engineering, biologists, operations, and business.
- Develop a highly ambitious yet practical strategy for pushing the boundaries of what's possible today.
- “Roll up your sleeves” and get stuff done as the product lead and early member of the team.
We’re looking for an experienced product manager with demonstrated talent for strategy, creativity, and execution. Past experience bridging software engineering with hardware, sciences, robotics, or other domains is a plus. Our ideal candidate has experience in research environments as well as management experience.
- PhD in science or engineering a plus
- Startup experience, or equivalent experience on early stage teams
- 5+ years of product management experience, including products with both software and hardware
- Life sciences background a plus, but not required
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.