X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are a team of roboticists, researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs who are passionate about changing the world for the better through the use of robotic solutions. We believe that improving the access and usability of robots can help people and businesses grow in previously unattainable ways. We’re aiming to redefine what robotics can and should be able to do for people, whether it’s at work, at home or in their communities.
As a frontend engineer, you are excited about building intuitive yet powerful user-facing tools for simplifying the use of robots in real environments. You possess strong full-stack development skills and are expected to design and develop web-based experiences for greatly simplifying critical aspects of industrial robotics. You are excited by the user-facing aspect of your work and the need to deliver a polished, production-ready web-app to a wide variety of users.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Work closely across the design, engineering, and product teams to understand UX requirements
- Develop web-apps for configuring and operating equipment (robot arms, grippers, force-torque sensors, cameras, etc.) and for visualizing equipment health.
- Develop web-based tools for authoring robot applications and visualizing history of previous and current applications, including interfaces for analyzing generated data.
What you should have:
- Prior experience in full-stack development for visually-rich web applications
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
It’d be great if you also had one or more of these:
- Experience with industrial robotics.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.