X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About The Team:
We are a team working to move our electric grid out of the industrial age and into the age of intelligence. Our mission is to help create a shared understanding of what is happening on the grid for everyone who is involved in building, managing and using it.
About the Role:
A technology expert in the fields of power electronics and power systems to support the development of products and systems to improve power system modeling and simulation.
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and Masters degree in Power Systems and/or Power Electronics or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience
- Experience modeling power systems, inverters, and modern control systems
- Experience using one or more of EMTP-RV, PSCAD, Simulink, or other electromagnetic transient programs
- Ability to perform complex engineering calculations and to analyze engineering problems particularly power systems problems.
- Experience with power systems analysis techniques such as stability analysis, fault analysis, and modal analysis
It'd be great if you also had these:
- Doctorate in Electrical Engineering with Power Systems concentration
- Experience in performing electromagnetic transient, harmonic, transient stability, voltage stability and small signal stability studies
- Experience in planning, designing and integrating Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) into power systems
- Experience modeling and simulating large scale power systems
- Experience modeling and simulating power distribution systems, especially with large amounts of DERs
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.