X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We're an early stage team at X with a growing, interdisciplinary team, developing solutions to radically accelerate clean energy. To prove our path to the moon, we make early contact with the real world through both internal and external partnerships.
As a full-stack software engineer you will work across the entire stack, helping the team to design & implement state-of-the-art applications. You will work with amazing and talented people, who work on highly creative and ambitious efforts. You will work closely with other software engineers, UX, machine learning experts, domain experts and product managers to plan, coordinate and integrate your work.
How you will make 10X Impact
- Design and implement robust, production-level software to make complex data accessible through web applications and APIs
- Drive technologies and product development for the energy domain, including data ingestion, storage and services from different sources
- Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams of engineers, scientists, and domain experts
- Interface with external partners to refine technical requirements
What you should have:
- BS/MS in EE, CS, or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of experience designing and implementing web applications using technologies such as Angular 2+ and Typescript
- Experience building data pipelines and backend integration
- Experience working with large-scale data processing
- Familiarity designing & implementing event-driven data pipelines
- Skills in visualizing complex time series and geospatial data on the web
- Ability to work in small team / rapid prototyping environment
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Expertise in the following frontend technologies: Google Maps APIs, D3, Plotly, WebGL
- Knowledge in the following backend technologies: Golang, Protocol Buffers, gRPC, Spanner, Pub/Sub, monitoring
- Experience working with user researchers and designers to create end to end product experiences
- Experience designing customer-facing APIs
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity, setting own goals and effectively delivering in a very fast-changing environment
- Startup/early stage company experience and/or unstructured work environments with rapidly changing requirements and limited oversight
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.