X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
THE FOUNDATION OF AN AMAZING JOURNEY
Our goal at X is to make the world a radically better place. In order to do that we seek fresh unexpected perspectives, from different fields, and that’s why we’re excited about you.
Life here isn’t easy, but it’s fun. We’re trying to build things most people can’t even imagine, and we’re doing it with the hope of making a huge, positive impact on the world. You’ll be embedded into a moonshot project, where you’ll partner with team members to solve key challenges.
This isn’t your ordinary internship. You’ll be positively challenged and pushed professionally, in ways that you may have never experienced. If this excites you - keep reading.
DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP YOU CAN EXPECT:
- To be placed on one of our confidential or public X projects
- To get paid competitively and with Google benefits
- To be part of a lively community of other Interns and Residents
- To addend colloquium and discussions with team leads from across Google, DeepMind and external organizations
- Due to Covid-19, internships are held remotely through 2021
- Laptops and equipment will be provided
- Duration: May-June 2021 start date; 12-14 weeks on average
- Must be enrolled in an academic program and working towards completing an Undergraduate or Master’s degree
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Lead market sizing, competitive and regulatory analyses, and value chain mapping for X Project
- Help identify key risks where projects could fail, and ways to stress-test them as quickly as possible by speaking to potential external partners
- Review economic models in partnership with product managers and Finance.
- Present findings to project leads and X executives to guide strategy
- Work cross functionally to de-risk other non-technical aspects of project, partnering with Business Innovation, Legal, Policy, Privacy, Marketing/PR, Operations, etc.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program with a strong interest in clean tech and energy.
- Background in energy, whether demonstrated via job experience, extracurriculars or undergrad field of study.
- Very strong strategy and analytical skills. Ability to gather and analyse large quantities of information, and turn them into insightful business recommendations. Good at problem stating and problem solving, and turning ambiguous problem spaces into radical solutions. Must be able to break down problems independently
- Can do attitude, willing to learn new tools and content to become an effective thought partner with project teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (writing strategy docs, writing and delivering presentations), can with senior external partners with ease
- Motivated by making the world a better place through technology, and wanting to be part of a team that makes this happen
- Financial modelling experience
- Thrive on ambiguity, setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment
- Ability to influence without authority, working with technical and cross-functional teams who do not report into this role to get things done
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.