X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are the Everyday Robot Project at X, a moonshot that brings together people with varied skill sets and backgrounds to build a future where robots can be as helpful to people in the physical world as computers now are in the virtual world. We believe that the future of robotics and AI can unfold in a way that has lasting positive impact in our everyday lives and our wider communities. Our mission is to build learning robots that help people everyday and everywhere live better lives. Creating robots that can learn in different ways involves navigating some of the hardest challenges in robotics today. It’s an ambiguous and iterative process, so we’ve worked hard to create a team environment where collaboration and creativity can flourish, and where people always feel comfortable bringing their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
As an HRI Product Manager / Designer, you will be at the intersection point of product strategy, definition, and creative design to deliver concrete requirements & prototype interactions that enable Everyday Robots to interact intuitively within everyday environments. Specifically, in this role, you will:
- Define core principles, create product requirements, and set clear priorities that pushes on building natural & welcoming human-to-robot interactions
- Be hands-on by designing, prototyping, and iterating as the product & creative lead to craft the direction on human-to-robot interactions
- Develop a highly ambitious yet practical product vision & roadmap for pushing the boundaries of what's possible today across all stages of product maturity
- Engage collaboratively with a highly cross-functional team, operating as the product & interaction design voice that connects elements across engineering, operations, business, and partners
- B.A./B.S. in Design, User Experience, Computer Science with a focus on User Interaction, or equivalent experience
- Experience with interaction design on deep user experience solutions
- Leadership skills to jump into a highly ambiguous area and define a product strategy along with clearly articulating product requirements
- 4+ years experience in design or user experience, building consumer-facing products
- Demonstrated product management experience, ideally shipping products with both software and hardware components
- M.A./M.S. in Design, User Experience, Human-Robot / Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience
- Industry experience as a product manager, ideally building products with sensing & actuation capabilities
About X, the moonshot factory
X creates radical new technologies to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. We develop uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet and smart contact lenses. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers, designers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. We believe that a culture of psychological safety creates the foundation of trust and respect necessary to build moonshots. X was formerly known as Google[x] and is part of Alphabet.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.