X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
THE FOUNDATION OF AN AMAZING JOURNEY
Our goal at X is to make the world a radically better place. In order to do that we seek fresh unexpected perspectives, from different fields, and that’s why we’re excited about you.
Life here isn’t easy, but it’s fun. We’re trying to build things most people can’t even imagine, and we’re doing it with the hope of making a huge, positive impact on the world. You’ll be embedded into a moonshot project, where you’ll partner with team members to solve key challenges.
This isn’t your ordinary internship. You’ll be positively challenged and pushed professionally, in ways that you may have never experienced. If this excites you - keep reading.
DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP YOU CAN EXPECT:
- To be placed on one of our confidential or public X projects
- To get paid competitively and with Google benefits
- To be part of a lively community of other Interns and Residents
- To addend colloquium and discussions with team leads from across Google, DeepMind and external organizations
- Due to Covid-19, internships are held remotely through 2021
- Laptops and equipment will be provided
- Duration: May-June 2021 start date; 12-14 weeks on average
- Must be enrolled in an MBA Finance program and working towards completing a Master’s degree
- Practical experience in the following areas:
- Financial Modeling & Reporting
- Early Stage Investment Research
- Data Visualization.
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Support the creation of financial analysis and reporting for management.
- Perform independent financial research, and apply it in ad-hoc models, spreadsheets and data visualizations.
- Provide analytical insights and a perspective on how to interpret and communicate compelling narratives through data.
- Engage with the X Internship community, and learn Moonshot thinking by attending colloquiums and tech talks.
- Currently enrolled in a Masters finance program, or equivalent.
- Top academic performer with a strong interest in early stage technology and investment.
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills, problem solving, business judgment and ability to communicate with management teams.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Google Sheets and Google Slides a plus.
- Completed coursework in Financial Modeling, or equivalent, and experience working with Financial data e.g. P&L statements, time-series analyses.
- Working knowledge of capital allocation, corporate finance and basic accounting concepts.
- Experience pulling independently-sourced financial research.
- Thrive on ambiguity, setting own goals and effectively delivering to them in a very fast-changing environment.
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with a senior management team.
- Attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills.
PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION IN YOUR COVER LETTER
(keep to one page)
QUESTION - X hopes to demystify and routinize the entire process of making a technological breakthrough — from question to idea to discovery to product — and, in so doing, we've written an operator’s manual for radical creativity. Given the opportunity to be part of adding to that manual, what’s one analysis you would be excited to perform using X’s early stage data, and how would you approach performing it?
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.