X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
We are the Everyday Robot Project at X, a moonshot that brings together people with varied skill sets and backgrounds to build a future where robots can be as helpful to people in the physical world as computers now are in the virtual world. We believe that the future of robotics and AI can unfold in a way that has lasting positive impact in our everyday lives and our wider communities. Our mission is to build learning robots that help people everyday and everywhere live better lives. Creating robots that can learn in different ways involves navigating some of the hardest challenges in robotics today. It’s an ambiguous and iterative process, so we’ve worked hard to create a team environment where collaboration and creativity can flourish, and where people always feel comfortable bringing their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
The Everyday Robot Project @ X is looking for a strong Frontend / Full Stack developer for our Tools team. Meet our team and learn more about our moonshot.
The Tools Team is responsible for the in-house tools used during robot development and operation. Robot visualization, robot control, log inspection, map data management, application assistance, ML data exploration, and more all fall under our mission. We are looking for someone to help build and support this growing suite of web tools, who can help us discover and deliver valuable new features and improvements to teams across the org.
- Work alongside other teams to design, implement, and launch innovative solutions to the problems of operating data-driven robots.
- Maintain product excellence across the team's multiple projects
- Leverage advanced WebAPIs including but not limited to WebRTC, Websockets, WebAssembly, Devices APIs, WebGL, and more.
- Lead and participate in the team's software processes, including effort estimation and prioritization, requirement and test-plan generation, design documentation, design and test implementation and review, and process feedback for improvements.
- Demonstrated industry experience of frontend and or full-stack development
- Experience with React.js or similar front end technologies and/or front end frameworks
- Passion for user experience, especially in the area of developer tools
- An excitement for learning on the job, be it new languages, ways of doing things, or entirely new concepts
- Experience using compiled languages such Go, or C++
- Experience with 3D/2D visualization with WebGL, THREE.js, and/or d3.js
- Experience developing real-time communication applications in the browser with technologies such as WebRTC, WebSockets and the like
About X, the moonshot factory
X creates radical new technologies to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. We develop uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars and smart contact lenses. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers, designers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. X was formerly known as Google[x] and is part of Alphabet.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.