X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
We are the Everyday Robot Project at X, a moonshot that brings together people with varied skill sets and backgrounds to build a future where robots can be as helpful to people in the physical world as computers now are in the virtual world. We believe that the future of robotics and AI can unfold in a way that has lasting positive impact in our everyday lives and our wider communities. Our mission is to build learning robots that help people everyday and everywhere live better lives. Creating robots that can learn in different ways involves navigating some of the hardest challenges in robotics today. It’s an ambiguous and iterative process, so we’ve worked hard to create a team environment where collaboration and creativity can flourish, and where people always feel comfortable bringing their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our robot simulation software, with an emphasis on one or more of the following
- Developing new features for our rendering & graphics pipelines
- Developing tools and infrastructure to model scenes and assets for our simulation
- Developing state-of-the-art ML pipelines for virtual scene synthesis
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Work with software engineers, roboticists and ML experts in Munich and Mountain View (CA) on the mid- and long-term strategy for robot simulation
- Experience writing highly optimized and efficient code in C++ and Python development on Linux
- Demonstrated hands-on industry experience in computer graphics
- Experience in using and extending or writing tools for a popular game engine (Unity, Unreal etc.)
- Deep knowledge of popular graphics-related file formats (USD, OBJ, MTL, PLY etc.)
- Experience modeling & managing 3D scenes & assets
- Experience building ML pipelines for computer vision related applications with PyTorch/Tensorflow is a big plus
- Experience in robotics and simulation
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.