X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
We believe there are many problems in the world in which robotics could play a significant role in making it easier, faster, and safer for people to get things done. We’re looking for roboticists, designers, hardware and software engineers to help us explore these possibilities, develop breakthrough technologies, and build new products that could help millions of people.
We are looking for a senior software engineer who can take the lead in growing the flexibility, robustness, and scalability of our connections between hardware and low-level software for advanced robotics applications.
You will drive the design and implementation of software components that interface with sensors, power electronics, motion control, and safety systems to work reliably, safely, and in concert with modern software architectures to make robots more accessible in relieving people from dirty, dull, or dangerous tasks.
How you will make 10x impact:
- You will drive down the complexity and risk involved in hardware integration with our software.
- You will improve the reliability, safety, and performance of our systems.
- You will enable our R&D efforts on a wider range of physical systems.
What you should have:
- MS degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years experience with software development for control systems, industrial automation, avionics, or embedded Linux systems.
- Excellent C++ and software design skills
It’d be great if you also had these: :
- PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent field
- Extensive experience with control systems for robotics, fieldbus communication systems, real-time or embedded Linux systems, hypervisors, and RTOSes.
- Experience with Bazel, gRPC, Protobuf, and/or Google's internal infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge of C++ and Linux internals.
- Experience in development, certification and verification of safety-critical software.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.