X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
About the team:
We are an early stage X team focused on using machine learning to build predictive models that could be used in different fields and industries. We are a small team and there is plenty to do for someone interested in building cutting edge technology and building world-class predictive models.
About the role:
You will be leading the project’s ML track, building models to capture the influx of data from different fields and industries. You will be a hands-on engineer on the project and bring ML expertise to the team . We are looking for passionate and driven people, who are comfortable moving between creative, big-picture thinking and tactical execution in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Develop modelling techniques aimed at risk extrapolation, reinforcement learning approach & invariant risk minimization approach.
- Develop, maintain and update predictive models, and make these models more generalizable and robust in both spatial and temporal scale
- Develop domain coupling model (e.g. real estate + climate, economic impacts of climate change)
- Be an active engineer and technical expert of the project. You must be willing to get your hands dirty!
What you should have:
- PhD in a STEM field such as CS, Physics, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, or Mathematics/Statistics.
- Research or Industry experience in time-series analysis, multi-model coupling and predictive modeling.
- Experience in earth systems and geo-spatial analysis is also preferred.
- Proficiency in Python and experience with TensorFlow, Apache Beam/Dataflow, Google Compute Engine.
- Experienced iterating on existing ML models and dictating data engineering processes.
- An ability to thrive in unstructured work environments with rapidly changing requirements.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Demonstrated personal passion to apply talents towards solving big global problems.
- Startup / early product development experience.
- Excellent at prioritization and time management.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.