X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
We are a team of roboticists, researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs who are passionate about changing the world for the better with intelligent robotic solutions. We believe that improving the accessibility and usability of robots can help people and businesses grow in new and exciting ways. We’re aiming to redefine what robotics can and should be able to do for people, whether it’s at work, at home or in their communities.
Do you like the beginnings of things? Are you a marketer who wants to help create new markets and serve the world in new ways? Do you believe that new technology should be easier and easier to use, for more and more people? Do you want to stretch yourself and your skills? Are you an optimistic technologist who thinks forward, constantly? Are you action-oriented, creative and empathetic with a deep respect of data and insight? If you answered “yes” to these questions, this may be the role for you!
A robotics project at X is looking for a product marketing manager generalist to join its marketing and communications team based in Mountain View, California. The ideal candidate has a passion for enterprise marketing, advanced software, and the potential for robotics in the world. You have demonstrated experience of world class enterprise marketing that’s creative, clever and impactful. You are perseverant and resilient. You thrive in startup-like environments and can switch gears effortlessly between projects involving design, engineering, product, partnerships, and communications. You are an excellent communicator and team player, who can effectively work with your team, vendors, agencies and industry partners simultaneously.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Drive product positioning processes from research to messaging and campaign development.
- Coordinate product launch processes, end to end, from concept to campaign and measurement.
- Manage multiple agency engagements for different types of projects, with overlapping deadlines.
- Collaborate productively with communications teams on the writing and editing of copy.
- Create insightful sales and partnership material, including extensive case studies and reports.
- Work closely with our engineering and product team to bring their vision and strategy to life.
- Build the infrastructure necessary for effective sales programs and customer marketing.
What you should have:
- 5 years plus of relevant PMM work experience in enterprise, robotics, platform or hardware marketing
- Examples of recent professional work that demonstrate capabilities
- The ability to manage multiple projects effectively
It’d be great if you also had these:
- An MBA
- A 4-year degree in business or marketing
- Experience running design sprints and workshops
- Experience with platform and developer marketing
- Proficiency in Photoshop, AfterEffects and InDesign
- Experience with CRM systems and automated email systems
- Fluency in multiple languages
- Comfort with frequent business travel
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.