X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
About the Team:
Our still-confidential project is developing breakthrough technology for the global agriculture industry, with a particular focus on sustainability. We are looking for someone to ensure successful projects with partners by teaming with leadership and cross-functional teams to build long-term meaningful relationships that drive both purpose and profit.
About the Role:
This person will help accelerate adoption, retention, and expansion of our product, and is comfortable engaging with partner CxOs and senior project managers, as well as across the team internally. The Partner Success Manager is expected to understand the weeds, but be an excellent storyteller and representative for our products.
How you will make an impact:
- Drive day-to-day partner engagement, retention, escalations, and internal execution on deliverables
- Serve as the voice of the customer: work with a cross-functional team of hardware / software engineers, research scientists, and operators to gather, translate, synthesize product feedback from partners
- Lead a regular cadence of cross-functional meetings to communicate plans, measure partner performance targets, and anticipate and mitigate risk.
- Plan, schedule, and lead regular project progress reviews with each partner. This will require a deep understanding of the project results, challenges, and path forward - and superior listening skills to understand product-market fit.
- Drive expanded product and business opportunities with existing partners;
What you should have:
- BA/BS Degree (or equivalent professional experience)
- 7 - 10 years of relevant experience (e.g. project management, product management, strategy or technology consulting, sales engineering)
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior executives
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (20%+)
- Have demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize, and multi-task in ambiguous environments
It would be great if you also had these:
- 2-3 years experience in management consulting
- Experience working within the enterprise software industry
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication both written and spoken, and results oriented
- Experience iterating early-stage products and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, quantitative reasoning, problem solving, creativity and strategic skills
- Superior presentation skills - both written and verbal.
- Experience in working with global and cross-functional internal and external teams
- Background working in agriculture and / or understanding the food production ecosystem
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.