X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
We are a team of roboticists, researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs who are passionate about changing the world for the better through the use of robotic solutions. We believe that improving the access and usability of robots can help people and businesses grow in previously unattainable ways. We’re aiming to redefine what robotics can and should be able to do for people, whether it’s at work, at home or in their communities.
As a safety software engineer, you will work closely with software engineers, roboticists and technical program managers to develop safety-critical functions in robotics. Applying functional safety methods and development tools, you make robots significantly more capable than they are today while ensuring their safety and reliability.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Pave the way to safe, highly-capable robot systems
- Scale up safety-critical software engineering by improving development, validation and testing tools
- Discuss and drive software engineering ideas to ease the way from prototypes to reliable systems
What You Should Have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field
- Basic knowledge in development tools and methods for safety-critical software systems
- Experience in C++
- Experience with real-time systems
It’d be great if you also had these:
- PhD in Computer Science or a similar technical field
- Expertise in the development of safety-critical software, ideally according to IEC 61508, ISO 13849, or related standards
- Excellent experience in C++ and software design
- Knowledge in verification and validation of development tools for safety-critical applications
- Experience in formal software verification methods for safety-critical applications
- Domain knowledge in robotics and embedded systems
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.