X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
We are an early stage project at X working on solving sustainability through technology. To prove our path to the moon, we make early contact with the real world through both internal and external partnerships.
As a Senior Data Scientist you will be leading the data science efforts central to our moonshot thesis. In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to join an up-and-coming business during a critical stage of product launch and the run-up to potential graduation as a separate Alphabet company.
You will be working across X teams to analyze data (sensor, location, customer, user, ...) , find anomalies, patterns & trends to help define our next generation of predictive applications.
We are still a small team and are looking for a generalist with broad knowledge who likes to work on a multitude of problems and doesn’t mind getting their hands. Success in this role requires strong data science skills with the ability to take an idea all the way to a running microservice in production.
- Perform large-scale data analysis and modeling to identify opportunities for improvement and support product decisions.
- Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility of a project
- Integrate and model data from various sources using Google internal and external ETL tools.
- Conceptualize and test predictive models using stats/ML technology.
- Design and implement robust, production-level microservices & APIs to expose algorithms and models.
- Bachelor’'s degree with an emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences).
- 4 years of relevant experience in an analytical/ML function.
- Thrives in unstructured work environments with rapidly changing requirements
- Experience with articulating product questions, pulling data from datasets (SQL) and using statistics to extract insights.
- Experienced iterating on existing ML models and dictating data engineering processes
- Comfortable in designing & implementing ML pipelines and microservices for production deployments (Python/Java/Go).
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends and applied knowledge of measurement, statistics, linear dynamical systems and program evaluation.
- Domain knowledge in statistical analysis & machine learning in Shipping, Logistics & Warehousing.
- Expertise in analysing sensor time series and geospatial data.
- Expertise in the following technologies: Cloud Spanner, gRPC, Protobuf, Java, Numpy, Tensorflow, Matplotlib, Seaborn
- Experience in designing customer-facing APIs.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.