X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
One of X’s confidential projects is looking for a SWE with experience combining machine learning with semantic embedding, simulation, or commonsense reasoning. We believe that there are tremendous opportunities at the intersection of cutting edge machine learning and structured understanding.
- Explore novel approaches combining ML and structured models
- Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility
- Organize and process large volumes of data
- Work cross-functionally with experts at X and Google to apply, modify, and develop new algorithms and software tools as the project demands
- Built infrastructure for code analysis, visualization and annotation
- A fast learner and a code writing machine (preferably in multiple programming languages)
- Experience with data analytics / ML modelling
- Solid software engineering skills and passionate about SWE productivity
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent field
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment and deal with uncertainty and fluidity
- Familiarity with data analytics / ML modelling
- Applied machine learning experiences with sequence/graph prediction and reinforcement learning
- Aptitude in TensorFlow
- Experience working in a startup environment
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.