X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
As an Administrative Business Partner, you're at the heart of your team's operations and activities and the soul that keeps your team moving forward. You anticipate the needs of your manager(s) and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the changing environment and are able to be flexible and proactive in ambiguous situations. You also use your knowledge of tools and processes to strategically support your team's projects. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
At X, our ABPs are invited to take on challenging and meaningful program management and leadership tasks, navigate ambiguity, and dive head-first into failing fast, looking at challenges from new angles, and asking “what if?” on a regular basis. We are working together to make the impossible possible, and our ABPs are both the duct tape vital to making that happen and the lightning rods that carry our culture!
- Perform an extensive array of administrative tasks (manage calendars, book travel, and schedule facilities and equipment). Ability to take both a broad and detail oriented view.
- Coordinate within X and, at times, across Alphabet.
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help define new operational strategies.
- Mentor new team members.
- Serve as a lead and program manager of various small and medium projects.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of direct executive support or a combination of executive support and program management experience.
- At least two years of experience managing day-to-day tasks while also juggling and completing longer-term program manager duties and project(s).
- Ability to read situations and bring a balance of previous expertise to the table, while also knowing when to seek new answers or quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Previous experience in stretching beyond your “core” role into new and ambiguous workstreams.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.