X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
About the Team
Our project group at X is composed of scientists and engineers and we’re on a mission to leverage cutting-edge techniques from Physics and AI to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges. Our team is small and agile --- every member has to take on a variety of roles and work on a wide breadth of projects.
As a software engineer you’ll bring with you a breadth of knowledge and experience with numerical computing algorithms and implementations on accelerated hardware. You're comfortable with moden ML pipelines as well as scientific computing. You are excited to build transformative products and services for customers. Most importantly, you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of software development, eager to learn new skills, and excited to collaborate with colleagues across Alphabet.
- Developing and optimizing algorithms for numerical computing on accelerated hardware
- Working with other engineers and scientists to accelerate cutting-edge innovation
- Rapidly building prototypes to evaluate feasibility
- Working cross-functionally with experts at X and Google
- Building infrastructure for code analysis, visualization and annotation
- Familiarity with data analysis / ML and numerical methods for scientific computing
- Familiarity with linear algebraic operations
- Expertise in hardware-accelerated computing, especially TPUs
- Experience with JAX and/or TensorFlow
- A quick learner with adept coding skills
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment and deal with uncertainty and fluidity
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial, and proactive
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent field
- Experience building SaaS applications
- Experience with Kubernetes or related container management platforms
- Experience with Cloud products and workflows
- Domain expertise in at least one of the following: computational Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Pharmaceutical Development, Cryptography, or Finance
About X, The Moonshot Factory
X creates radical new technologies to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. We develop uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet and smart contact lenses. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers, designers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. X was formerly known as Google[x] and is part of Alphabet .
Additional Public Information
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.