X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
About the Team:
You’ll be a key member of the X Launchpad team, a mix of writers, designers, filmmakers, and strategists working to tell X’s story internally and externally. This is not a conventional communications role. X needs to share information internally in ways that are as creative and engaging as the moonshots we’re working on. As a member of the communications team, you will work across X to devise new ways to share important news and information across the organization. If you enjoy bringing stories to life and thrive on creative chaos -- then this might be the role for you.
About the Role:
In this role, you’ll help to reinforce X’s mission and values, using your storytelling skills to inform and energize the eclectic dreamers and wacky, weird ideas that power the moonshot factory. You’ll work across a wide variety of teams and stakeholders, managing programs and creating materials that inspire and energize people and share hard-won wisdom from years of building radical new technologies. You’ll also invest in education, coaching, and other resources that will help moonshot teams develop their communication skills and share the stories of their latest learning moments and project updates.
We're looking for great communicators with a knack for program management who can thrive in ambiguity, understand complex and deeply technical topics, and explain them in person, in visuals, and in writing. You are scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share in the magic of working at X.
How you will make 10X impact:
- Develop written materials and visual assets such as emails, newsletters, internal websites, presentations, and talking points for leaders that help communicate about X as a moonshot factory
- Manage internal communications programs and events that bring X’s culture and values to life
- Advise general managers and team members of individual X projects on various communications-related topics
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, including experience focusing on new technology.
- At least 2 years of industry experience, ideally in start ups or high-tech companies.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Startup experience ideal, startup mentality a must
- Attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills
It would be great if you also had these:
- Demonstrated ability to get things done, scrappy and hands-on.
- Ability to influence at all levels and work inclusively across functions and geographies
- Track record of effectively delivering large-scale projects and programs in a very fast-moving environment.
- Comfortable and poised working with senior executives and stakeholders
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.