X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
We are the Everyday Robot Project at X, a moonshot that brings together people with varied skill sets and backgrounds to build a future where robots can be as helpful to people in the physical world as computers now are in the virtual world. We believe that the future of robotics and AI can unfold in a way that has lasting positive impact in our everyday lives and our wider communities. Our mission is to build learning robots that help people everyday and everywhere live better lives. Creating robots that can learn in different ways involves navigating some of the hardest challenges in robotics today. It’s an ambiguous and iterative process, so we’ve worked hard to create a team environment where collaboration and creativity can flourish, and where people always feel comfortable bringing their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
As an Applications & Services Product Manager, you will scope, define, and evolve the product strategy along with delivering concrete requirements that captures the potential of Everyday Robots helping people in our everyday environments. Specifically, in this role, you will:
- Define the services that Everyday Robots will perform by setting a concrete strategy that includes articulating core principles, creating concrete & thorough product requirements, establishing success metrics, and setting clear priorities based on the long-term product vision, user needs, technical and market trends, and system capabilities
- Scope and launch applications by engaging with customers & incorporating partner insights
- Manage product lifecycle from inception through to execution and productization, including identifying great product and partnership opportunities
- Develop a highly ambitious yet practical product roadmap for pushing the boundaries of what's possible today
- Work collaboratively with a highly cross-functional team, operating as the product voice that connects elements across engineering, operations, business, design, and partners
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or equivalent experience
- Entrepreneurial drive, demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment with areas of high ambiguity
- Exceptional communication skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills to jump into a highly ambiguous area and define a product strategy along with clearly articulating product requirements
- 4+ years of product management experience, shipping consumer-facing products with both software and hardware components
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, or equivalent experience
- Prior knowledge in one or more areas: machine learning, software & application development, web tools, user experience
About X, the moonshot factory
X creates radical new technologies to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. We develop uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet and smart contact lenses. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers, designers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. We believe that a culture of psychological safety creates the foundation of trust and respect necessary to build moonshots. X was formerly known as Google[x] and is part of Alphabet.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.