X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
About the Team:
The X POps team is looking for a Compensation wizard who will be responsible for the execution and continuous improvement of POps operations, with roughly half their time spent on Compensation operations and the other half distributed across all other POps operations. The ideal candidate is someone who strikes the balance of being great with People, Operations, and Data and is comfortable operating in an organization that moves quickly. We are a dynamic organization that likes to run experiments, so are looking for a colleague who is excited about trying new things and offering a creative, yet efficient approach to People Operations. This will require you to think big, roll up your sleeves, use data to guide your work, be comfortable challenging convention, and then ground yourself in practicality to get things done. You are scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share in the magic of working at X.
How you will make 10X Impact:
- Manipulate large data sets in complex ways; tease new meaning from the numbers and help our POps team strategically advise our business
- Build compensation packages to attract top Xey talent, partnering closely with the staffing team
- Build models and manage processes that recognize performance, track compensation spend and maximize progress per dollar
- Own and flawlessly manage the operations required to keep our people processes running with an eye for simplicity and creativity. Examples may include: processing exits, employee contract agreements, performance cycle operations.
- Prioritize and manage full gamut of new POps Operations requests: process, coordination and administration
- Provide a best-in-class user experience for our Xers
What you should have:
- 4+ years of work experience in HR, supporting HR or in Compensation consulting
- Experience in improving and identifying issues in processes, models, suggesting user focused improvements, and navigating/influencing cross-functional teams to drive these changes
- Advanced Excel or Google Sheets skills (e.g., vlookups, macros, scripts)
- Understanding of financial and accounting concepts such as equity and expense
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential and commitment to produce high quality work
It would be great if you also had these:
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and ability to communicate with executive audiences
- Strong interest in analyzing data and has the ability to see beyond the numbers to influence decision making
- Excellent customer service with a welcoming and helpful attitude
- High level of self-initiative, creativity, perseverance and flexibility
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.