X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
About the team:
We are a team of scientists and engineers dedicated to creating transformative computational platforms for agriculture. Our moonshot is to Scale sustainable farming globally, through computational agriculture. Read the X blog post here.
If you are an experienced Software Engineer with an understanding of Machine Learning, and are excited to make a difference in global food production and have a positive impact on climate change, we’d love to talk with you.
How you will make 10X Impact:
- Work with a team of hardware/software engineers and research scientists to design, develop and deploy robotic systems for computational agriculture
- Integrate new sensor modalities: lidars, radars, stereo cameras, edge TPU etc.
- Design and deploy control algorithms for actuation
- Assist with the overall design, development, fault analysis, test and integration of a customer facing product
What you should have:
- MS degree in Robotics, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: ML, image processing, semantic scene understanding, probabilistic sensor fusion
- 3 years of experience programming in C++
- Experience writing robust and efficient code
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have demonstrated ability to take initiative, as well as thrive in ambiguous environments
It would be great if you also had these:
- 3+ years experience working on the full stack of a robotics system using ROS
- Experience iterating early-stage products and working in a fast-paced environment
- [Optional] Familiarity with developing firmware for STM32 microcontrollers
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.