X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
Our project group at X is composed of scientists and engineers and we’re on a mission to leverage cutting-edge techniques from Physics and AI to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges. Our team is small and agile --- every member has to take on a variety of roles and work on a wide breadth of projects.
As a software engineer you’ll bring with you a breadth of knowledge and experience building SaaS grade network security applications for enterprise customers. You're comfortable engaging in both technical backend and algorithmic development. Most importantly, you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of software development, eager to learn new skills, and excited to collaborate with colleagues across Alphabet.
- Developing a suite of client-grade SaaS tools
- Rapidly building software prototypes to evaluate feasibility
- Working cross-functionally with experts at X and Google, as well as external partners
- Fluency in networking fundamentals and communication security protocols including VPN, IPsec, TLS, MACsec
- Familiarity with OpenSSL
- A quick learner and adept coding skills (especially Python, C, C++)
- Experience building cryptography/cybersecurity algorithms and applications
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment and deal with uncertainty and fluidity
- Contributory, creative, and helpful
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent field
- Familiarity with the NIST PQC process, and an understanding of the underlying PQC primitives
- Familiarity with data analysis / ML and numerical methods for scientific computing
- Experience with JAX and/or TensorFlow
- Familiarity with quantum physics and/or quantum computing
- Experience with Data Centre Interconnect
- Experience with Golang
ABOUT X, THE MOONSHOT FACTORY:
X creates radical new technologies to solve some of the world’s biggest problems. We develop uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet and smart contact lenses. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers, designers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. X was formerly known as Google[x] and is part of Alphabet.
Additional public information:
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.