X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
About the Team:
Our project group at X is composed of scientists and engineers and we’re on a mission to leverage cutting-edge techniques from Physics and AI to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges. Our team is small and agile --- every member has to take on a variety of roles and work on a wide breadth of projects.
About the Role:
As a senior engineer you’ll bring with you a breadth of knowledge and experience building SaaS products for Enterprise customers. You're comfortable engaging in both technical backend and algorithmic development. Most importantly, you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of software development, eager to learn new skills, and excited to collaborate with colleagues across Alphabet.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Developing a suite of client grade SaaS tools
- Rapidly building prototypes to evaluate feasibility
- Working cross-functionally with experts at X and Google
- Building infrastructure for code analysis, visualization and annotation
What you should have:
- Experience building SaaS applications
- A quick learner and adept coding skills
- Ability to work in a small team / rapid prototyping environment and deal with uncertainty and fluidity
- Contributory, creative, and helpful
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent field
It would be great if you also had these:
- Familiarity with data analysis / ML and numerical methods for scientific computing
- Expertise in hardware-accelerated computing, especially TPUs
- Experience with JAX and/or TensorFlow
- Domain expertise in one or more of computational Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Pharmaceutical Development, Cryptography, or Finance
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.