X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
About the Team:
We're an early stage team at X with a growing, interdisciplinary portfolio. To prove our path to the moon, we make early contact with the real world through both internal and external partnerships.
About the Role:
An early stage X project is looking for a SWE with backend systems, large volume data processing and advanced data analysis experience to radically accelerate clean energy.
Our team seeks to generate actionable insights from historical and real time data from different sources, working directly with industry partners to provide immediate real-world impact.
How you will make 10X Impact
- Design and implement computer models and simulations to characterize power system behavior and its components in steady state and dynamic conditions.
- Design and implement algorithms for analyzing simulation results using statistics and data mining techniques.
- Drive the technologies and product development for energy domain data ingestion, storage and services from different sources.
- Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility
- Owner and Builder of end to end software system
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams of engineers, scientists, and domain experts
- Work with collaborators across X and Alphabet (e.g. Brain, Google Accelerated Sciences, etc.) to apply, modify, and develop new ideas, techniques, algorithms, and tools as needed.
What you should have:
- BS/MS in EE, CS, or equivalent practical experience
- Passion for making a positive impact in energy systems
- Experience building data pipelines, backend integration, streaming data processing and data analytics.
- Experience with applying data analytics / ML techniques to solve large infrastructure challenges
- Ability to work in small team / rapid prototyping environment
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Strong background in modeling, simulation, and analysis of modern utility networks
- Experience with Google services and infrastructure
- Experience with risk/fault analysis for large physical infrastructure
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.