X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
About the Team:
We are a team of roboticists, researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs who are passionate about changing the world for the better through the use of robotics solutions. We believe that improving the access and usability of robots can help people in previously unattainable ways. We’re aiming to redefine what robotics can and should be able to do for people, whether it’s at work, at home or in their communities.
About the Role:
As a software engineer focused on designing the infrastructure to create robotic simulations, you possess strong Python or C++ skills and are excited about making robots significantly more capable than they are today at performing useful tasks in real environments. In a diverse team of software engineers, roboticists, designers, and control engineers, you will design, develop and deploy a robotics simulation platform: redefining how robots are currently used in various settings. As an early team member, you will play a key role in the definition of this platform.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Build a robotics simulation platform that enables rapid prototyping of applications and large scale data collection for machine learning.
- Develop tools for creating robotics environments and services to effectively train robots in simulation.
- Work closely across the engineering team to understand simulation requirements and integrate simulation into our development workflow.
What you should have:
- Masters in Robotics, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in robotics or simulation.
- Strong coding skills in Python, C++.
It’d be great if you also had these:
- Experience with modeling robotic manipulators in simulation.
- Experience developing for game engines / robotic simulation environments: Gazebo, Unity, PhysX.
- Experience with graphics rendering workflows.
- Experience with procedural scenario generation in simulated environments.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.