X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
About the Team and the Role:
In this role you will manage Facilities Programs and overall Program Management for X’s Real Estate and Facilities Services Team. You are responsible for overseeing a team of vendors, keeping a close pulse on the health of our strategic partnerships and making sure our day-to-day needs are met: exceptional service and value. This includes ensuring competitive bidding/pricing and making sure our soft services (janitorial, landscaping, etc) are five star quality and serving the needs of our business. You are also responsible for building and iterating on how the REFS team communicates internally and externally. Finally, you act as the liaison between our Facilities, Planning, and Safety teams, supporting all of them to provide a cohesive experience for all Xers.
How you will make an impact:
- Responsible for overall program management of the Real Estate and Facilities team’s initiatives from concept to execution, which includes but is not limited to: cross-functional coordination, managing to timelines and budgets, and weekly tracking.
- Support the Space Planning Manager in day to day management of our short and long term real estate planning including but not limited to: tenant space allocations, overseeing Moves-Adds-Changes, drafting MOUs, adjacency planning, return to office planning, and maintaining X’s Strategic Plan of Record, etc.
- Strategically manage the Real Estate and Facilities team’s overall communications plan, including building out resources and processes for communicating in different mediums at different scales. This may include executive presentations, all-hands messaging, newsletters, etc.
- Help manage information flow amongst the team, and communication to key stakeholders, tenants, employees, and to X leadership. This includes, but is not limited to assisting with development of presentations, implementing communication programs, and keeping key resources and dashboards up to date.
- Support strategic engagement and manage relationships with Facilities service vendors, specifically overseeing janitorial, landscaping, and other soft services.
- Find innovative ways to streamline and enhance service delivery from our vendors.
- Support the management of financial processes, including: invoicing standards, spend guidelines, and budgeting tools, and auditing of vendors; and maintenance of existing accounts/vendor relationships.
- Build processes for previously undefined or newly established workflows
- Work with vendor partners and peers to cultivate and ensure a productive, collaborative, friendly and fun work environment that fosters innovation and productivity in support of X’s unique culture.
What you should have:
- Education: BA/BS degree
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience in a program management role with a strong customer / client-service focus.
- Strong “What If” and “Why Not” attitude.
- Experience in managing relationships with a group of vendors: setting expectations and holding them accountable.
- Ability to balance the needs of the business with the expectations of the client.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present in a formal setting, and ability to adapt communication and work style based on situational differences.
- Proficient in the use of common business software programs; familiarity with google applications desired
- Ability to problem-solve independently, proactively, and shift priorities as required to meet deadlines; Comfortable with a level of ambiguity.
It would be great if you also had these:
- Understanding and knowledge of industry trends and direction.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and work in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both as an individual contributor and within a large cross-functional team.
- Previous experience developing and managing programs holistically.
- Experience using CAFM systems, preferably Tririga
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.